Thank you all so much for your positive feedback on my New Years Resolution post! I had so much fun writing it and your kind words really encouraged me to keep sharing content on my blog. For today’s post I want to continue with the conversation of starting the new year fresh and doing the things necessary to create & live a life that you’ll be genuinely happy with!
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
– Albus Dumbledore
After going through a quarter life century crisis (this sounds overly dramatic but hey it’s a real thing 😉 ) I’ve finally embraced a few mindset shifts that have helped me find happiness even when it seemed impossible at times on this crazy but fun rollercoaster that we call life.
- Allow yourself to be happy! It’s important to give yourself permission to be happy because you deserve it! Often times we stand in our own way but don’t let that be the reason to stop you.
- Do more of what makes you happy and do it often. Why daydream about it when you can live it! Big or small – everything is significant.
- Surround yourself with others who bring you joy. The saying goes that we’re the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with.
- Give yourself props no matter how big or small your accomplishments are. They’re all important milestones and you are in control of placing what the value is, not anyone else.
- Be actively mindful. Happiness is a choice and something that you have more control over than you think. Keep a sharp eye out and pay attention to how you react in certain situations. Does it bring you joy? If yes, do more of it! If not, then direct your energy elsewhere because your time is precious and you deserve better.
And of course eating all of the donuts, ramen, cookies, coffee and yummy foods can always make you happy too!
How do you add more happiness & joy into your life? 🙂